Monday, January 13, 2014

Phi Phi Island, Thailand - My Birthday

 I've dived around Phi Phi Island before, but for the boyfriend here, he has always been curious about the sites here. I'm not much of person who likes touristy beach areas with the pubs and bars, which Phi Phi Island really is just that. If you like the beach and party scene, this place will really suit you. 
Unfortunately, I've cut out drinking almost entirely. They say exercise is for people who can't handle drugs and alcohol. I'm kinda just like that.
And...the mandatory photo if you're in any part of Thailand that has a beach resort. 

Aside from the sun, sand, and bars, the massages are awesome, and there's some nice crags to climb. I was concerned whether it'd be like Krabi - Tonsai & Railay areas which aren't that built up. It is always important to bring the right luggage especially when you've got heavy gear in tow. My roller luggage did just fine here. 



Taking a long long walk from the resort to the crag in the background just to take a look on the first day.
A map of Phi Phi Island. It's pretty congested with people and the paths are not all that wide. But it takes about half hour to walk from one end to the other. 


Day 2 & 3 - 6 dives + 1 night dive, and a very naggy dive computer. 
Let's go diving! 









 Lots of stonefish at the dive sites. So better watch out! 

Walking back to the dive shop. We dived with Blue View Divers, and highly recommend if you're thinking of linking up with a dive shop before heading over. 

We didn't get to go out to King Cruiser Wreck and Hin Daeng & Muang because on our last day of diving, the waves were just really too choppy, so the trip was called off. Oh well, guess that's just another reason to take a break. 

All in all, with pretty decent lodging - air con, bed and hot showers are a luxury for me, oh and a TV. We spent most of our night watching not-so-old movies. We paid about S$120 per night per. We have our full set of gear, so we got extra discount :D 
Anyhow, diving in Phi Phi, the rates are controlled. 







Drying out the 'laundry' 

Since we couldn't go out to dive, we decided to go climbing instead. Lots of 5Cs and 6As. 
We got a guide anyhow, because we didn't know the area, although we could have just rented the rope and quick draws. I think the guide had a super relaxed day out.

Sometimes I wish the bf could take more flattering photos of me...

 Well, we all have to eat right? Supposedly the best Padthai noodles on Phi Phi. Looked a bit dodgy at first, but this came highly recommended from our dive guide. Portions are big too! 
Ok, I'm not much of a foodie, so this is about as much as I can do to describe it. 


Taken from about 25metres up. Phi Phi Island, till we meet again!



2 comments:

  1. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting? I'm pleased I discovered it though, ill be checking back soon to find out what additional posts you include.
    Thanks for posting this info. I just want to let you know that I just check out your site and I find it very interesting and informative. I can't wait to read lots of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting? I'm pleased I discovered it though, ill be checking back soon to find out what additional posts you include.
    Thanks for posting this info. I just want to let you know that I just check out your site and I find it very interesting and informative. I can't wait to read lots of your posts. phi phi island

    ReplyDelete